Some former stumblers may know YA, he popped in recently...as he mentioned, he mainly blogs at Diaspora but may expand his Cat one day. The photo above was taken several years ago at his friend, Renee's property in the Pyrenees Orientales, France. Storms have changed this a bit but had to post it anyway.
Good to see YA!
COOKING WITH ALFRED
Don't let the photo of the chef scare you, he cooks a yummy "clean soup" and he is a lot of laughs while doing it too!!! In case you're in a mood for the best soup ever, I am posting Alfred's recipe for his yummy veggie soup...simple but delicious!!!
These are photos from his own kitchen...I think he would make a great addition to the Food Network, kind of like a male, Austrian Paula Dean, certainly just as funny and full of pizazz!! The food is just downright yummy and easy to make...so here ya go!
Veggie Soup a la Alfred
Recipe serves 2
6-8 medium sized potatoes
2 yellow carrots
1/2 celeriac (medium sized)
1 parsley root
salt to taste
pepper to taste
2 - 4 laurel leaves
5-8 garlic cloves and/or 1-2 onions w/peel *optional
All soup/kitchen photos: YA
1. Chop da potatoes in little cubes, add da garlic or onion/s (both *optional) and put them into the water in the basic pot, add some cumin 1/4 tsp.cumin and 2-4 laurel leaves.
2. Clean and slice da veggies any shape or size you want,(not too thick) and put them into the sieve above the water which has the potatoes, laurel leaves, cumin and optional onion and/or garlic.
3. Let it all simmer together for 45 minutes. Then blend the water with da potatoes and opt garlic or if it's an onion you take it out (you can also blend it with da potatoes after peeling the onion), be sure to remove all da laurel before blending.
4. Add as much nutmeg, salt and pepper as you want, I always add a cube of bouillon concentrate .
5. Add 5 to 8 oz. of creme fraiche (or sour cream), stir then top with fine cut parsley for garnish if you wish.
6. Add da veggies from the upper sieve, stir it together and serve it ... it's delicious!!!